- Lee Hartley, US Navy, USS Forrestal (19 years of service)
- Lee had one child from a previous marriage with Lynda Patel.
- Lee Hartley died of arsenic poisoning on November 18, 1982.
- Pamela received $35,000 in insurance money, $10,000 a year in veterans benefits, and free military medical benefits.
- His second wife Pamela Hartley confessed & was charged with murder.
- Pamela pleaded guilty to second degree murder in 1996.
- Pamela was sentenced to 40 years in prison by a Florida state court.
- Pamela Hartley served 16 years of a 40 year sentence; paroled.
Widow guilty of poisoning death in 1982
After 14 years, woman confessed to killing her husband
Wife sentenced in poisoning death
Widow Sentenced in Death of Husband
Murder-for-hire motive often insurance
Inmates find freedom behind bars
Mayport cases to appear on TV’s ‘The Real NCIS’
‘Unusual Suspects’: Woman Poisoned Navy Husband Over Years Through Care Packages
Pamela Hartley poisoned her husband, Verle Lee Hartley, because she did not want to hurt him with a divorce
Investigation Discovery: Unusual Suspects “Maritime Murder”
In 1982, a Naval Officer dies from a mysterious illness. When toxicology reports reveal he was poisoned, Naval Investigators sift through a ship of thousands, and countless theories before the truth behind the victim’s painful death is revealed. -Discovery ID